- Most of my work is digital. I keep current digital files on a password-protected machine used only by me. If a specific client requires me to I will use a method of cloud collaboration.
- I back up old work files to a separate hard drive. I find it helpful to keep these old files for a number of years, perhaps to look up your style preference when I work with you again, and it can also help clients if, for example, they need me to refer back to something that they might have lost.
- If you would prefer me to delete files when I have finished working on them, I will of course comply with this.
- I will not show your work to anyone else.
- Some of the work I do is on hard copy. This tends to be paper proofs of books or other documents, and does not include personal data. The only client data I do keep is contact information in a notebook and old invoicing/remittance information. This is securely stored in my house.
- I keep contact details for my clients in my email program, which is password-protected and accessed via a password-protected computer, and used only by me.
- I will contact you to discuss current projects in the course of our work together.
- If you would like to know what contact details I hold for you, please ask – and similarly if you would like me to remove you from my contacts.
- I do not send out newsletters to my clients.
- I use Google Analytics as a data-collection tool. The data it collects will tell me which pages are viewed and for how long, for example. This information is anonymised.
- The contact form on my website alerts me to your message. If you choose to use my services, your email address will be in my list of email contacts.
- I will never give or sell this contact list to anybody.